- Verizon Innovative Learning Schools (VILS) Innovation Technology Lab
- Advancement By Individual Determination "AVID"
- Math, Science and Engineering Achievement "MESA"
- The Tech Museum of Innovation Partnership
- Intermediate (6-7) and Advanced (7-8) Band
Our VILS partnership empowers the OSA staff and students to engage in a state-of-the-art academic experience with the establishment of only 1 of 2 Verizon Innovation Technology labs in the Bay Area. See for yourself.
At the Ocala STEAM Academy, we strive to innovate learning for students in East San Jose.
College readiness does NOT start in high school. At the Ocala STEAM Academy, teachers across all content areas participate in college going culture ranging from showing college aspirational spirit on college gear Mondays to participating in the AVID elective. During AVID, students have a specific focus on college-going skills and practices to develop readiness in all three grade-levels. The teachers of the AVID elective include Ms. Ruiz at 6th grade, Ms. Lopes at 7th, and Ms. Bustamante as the 8th grade elective teacher. All students are welcome to apply and show their college-aspirations at the beginning and end of each school year.
Ms. Balster, OSA's 8th grade math and science department lead stewards the most motivated STEAM scholars in regional mathematics, science, and engineering competitions through the MESA club. In the 2019-2020 school year, OSA will host a MESA Lego Robotics competition.
MESA meets every Friday in Ms. Balster's class. Reach out to her for more information on joining and participation.
Each year, cohorts of OSA educators have commited to training with San Jose's very own Tech Museum of Innovation. During the summer, OSA teachers train alongside educators from throughout the Silicon Valley in current STEM/STEAM practices including mechanical engineering, computer engineering, and design thinking.
- Cross Country (el cross)
- Wrestling (lucha)
- Boys and Girls Basketball (baloncesto)
- Boys and Girls Soccer and the San Jose Earthquakes Futsal Court (futbol)
- Boys and Girls Volleyball (voleibol)
- Track and Field (atletismo)
- City Year, an Americorps Program (City Year, una programa de Americorps)